Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Good Ole Thanksgiving


Around here, we’ve been talking about Thanksgiving for weeks.   It starts with, “what are you thinking about having on Thanksgiving?” with the grand idea about trying some new recipes.  But when I shared those ideas with the family, everyone tells me, “Okay, but you’ll still make my favorite macaroni and cheese, right?”  So every year, my Thanksgiving table is full of everyone’s favorite dish – fried turkey for Mike, sweet potato casserole and mac & cheese for Hal, a relish tray for my father-in-law, creamed corn for Mikelyn, with a few new recipes thrown in to freshen up the table.

My new addition this year will be the baked ham glaze that I will make with my new Corn Whiskey Pepper Jelly introduced this Fall.  It’s so delicious with its sweet and spicy balance and corn whiskey infused flavor.   Y’all have got to try some! 
Photo taken at the Lauri Jo's Cookoff,
Norman Park Veteran's Day Festival
You know, food is just the bait for Thanksgiving. It’s all about being together with friends and family to give thanks for the many, wonderful blessings we have.  Our hearts are with our military men and women who remain away from their families to protect us and our freedom.  We are so grateful.  

Many beautiful wishes that your Thanksgiving is full of warmth and love, and that you’re bait works, too.

Blessings in your kitchen,
Lauri Jo    

No comments:

Post a Comment